Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Softies



I have always loved books 
books to read
books to write or draw in
just a love of books



I have especially fallen in love with making 
these type of soft covered books. 


The cover is made from layers of fabric and paper that I glue together,
that I decorate with paint, pastels and ink
and finish off with a light layer of paste wax.  

The pages in this one are made from old posters 
that I sewed together to create
beautiful feeling pages.  


I feel some more of these might show up soon. 

7 comments:

  1. I am a great fan of all your books and the soft covers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours in these are delicious and I love the suggestions of landscape and hills given by the dotted lines - are they stitched?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the black dotted lines on the covers are actually a dotted ink line

      Delete
  3. Just wonderful Kim- like a winter sunset :)

    ReplyDelete