Monday, March 10, 2014

Paper Love Blog Hop



Oh yes I love paper, and  lately the type I am often using is tea bag paper.

           Once I have enjoyed my tea I let the tea bag dry and empty out the tea and open it up.
                                                                           


This accordion book is one of my recent creations with tea bag paper 


I have used torn pieces of tea bag paper glued onto watercolour paper 


on which I added some drawing, paint, and ink marks to. 

I have used tea bag paper on many creations in the past few years. 
And suspect I will continue to use them for quite some time.


The PaperLove Blog Hop is a celebration of all things paper!  Follow the links to discover more bloggers who love paper and use it to inspire and delight.

And if you want to explore a whole world of paper, and stretch your paper passion further with a host of creative projects, why not join the innovative new online course PaperLove (starts March 31).  Led by artist Rachel Hazell, PaperLove is a five
week creative adventure for paper lovers.
Find out more here.

Majo Bautista / Tona Bell / Louise Best / Cathy Bluteau / Jennifer Bomgardner / Giova Brusa / Lindsay Buck / Beka Buckley / Joanna Caskie / Jonathan Chapman (Mr Yen) / Halle Cisco / Sarah Clare / Cathryn Clarge / Dawn Clarkson / Rhiannon Connelly / Jenny D'Fuego / Molly Dhiman / Ian Dudley / Ayisatu Emore / Akmal Farid / Monika Forsberg / Claire Fritz-Domeney / Louise Gale / Chrissy Gaskell / Julie Hamilton / Emma Hawman / Rachel Hazell / Holly Helgeson / Claudine Hellmuth / Kim Henkel / Sarah Hoffman / Joanne Hus / Paula Joerling / Beth Kempton / Julie Kirk / Eos Koch / Katie LaClair / Kristy Lankford / Michelle Manolov / Doreen Marts / Rosie Martinez-Dekker / Tori Mears / Maria Mederios / Lise Meijer / Debbie Miller / MaryJane Mitchell / Suzy Naidoo / Grace Noel / Hannah Nunn / Camilla Olsson / Jo Packham / Rachelle Panagarry / Monette Pangan / Melanie Paul / Nicole Piar / Jen Pitta / Liz Plummer / Julie Reed / Michelle Reynolds / Lisa Rivas / Angee Robertson / Natalie Ryan / Aisling Ryan / Elisabet Sapena / Kyrrha Sevco / Jamie Sprague / Elizabeth Steele / Terri Stephens / Juniper Stokes / Mary Tanana / Maike Thoma / Linda Tieu / Gabrielle Treanor / Tammy Tutterow / Deborah Velasquez / Jordan Vinograd Kim / Cat Whipple / Brooke Witt / Katie Wood / Amelia Woodbridge


16 comments:

  1. I so love doing this blog hop. So nice to read about every once love for paper. Thank you for sharing yours. Loved the tea dying. Beautiful work
    /Camilla Olsson - also in the blog hop www.camillaolssonart.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect of the torn tea bag paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...simply gorgeous! Love the swirls and tones of colour and the artwork of black and white just the perfect compliment. You have inspired me to raid the teabag 'bin'! Going now...

    // jump direct to my blog here, http://iambekabee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely teabag work - and a huge bundle of tempting sites to explore ... I must make the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kim, kim, kim... you have such a way with tea bag paper and birds!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous colours. Do you have a preferred tea bag brand or do they all give the same result? And I wonder if herbal tea bags give lovely pinks and greens? I love recycling, this is a lovely idea
    {*}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim - I love your work and your books - I thought you might like to see this artist and what she has done with her tea bags - you both have the same name - Kim - I wonder if it goes with the territory - http://www.kimschoenberger.com/exhibitions/expressions-of-love-ii/

    This Blog is by a mutual friend > and shows the work hanging beautifully - http://jomurray-art.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/talented-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy your birds, Kim. This new (old, really) house I am renting has a wild collection of bird sculptures and even a stuffed couple of the creatures, all peering down on the room from atop a tall cabinet. Quite a surreal effect!
    -sus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your art! Thanks for sharing on this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whao! Beautiful textures with the tea stains, a perfect ambience to stage your wonderful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was such a thrill to be a part of this blog hop. I loved sharing my love of paper and the craft of decoupage with everyone. and even more excited to read about everyone else’s. #paperlove #bloghop In the blog hop – http://www.designfivestudio.blogspot.in/2014/03/for-love-of-paper.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. So original and quite beautiful! niceandfancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work! I now have much more respect for my tea bags and will have to start adding them to my boxes of paper scraps.
    Loving this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful Kim. A true treasure!

    ReplyDelete