Thursday, October 20, 2011

Jewellery and Birthdays

I love being a mom.


The years have flown by so quickly, and today my older daughter turns 18 and my younger daughter turns 16.


I am so very proud of both of them.









I wanted to make them each a small gift, and so I made the 16 year old this necklace.





Ann Tatum wrote a article in the current Green Craft magazine that had a necklace made with old bits of rulers, which both I and my daughter liked. I was happy to be able to make her one with a '16' on it.



My older daughters necklace is made from a on old worn washer or token of some kind that had washed up on the beach when we were in Bali a few years ago, and a piece of copper that I etched.


Once I was into jewellery making mode, I didn't want to stop.... even though I still have so many paper projects on the go.




and so I played with pieces of leather



and some chunky aged and irregular shaped beads made from glass, wood, bone and clay.




I like the rough look of these pieces.



I do hope to get back to more jewellery making in the next week or so, but for now I have many other projects to finish up.





3 comments:

  1. Hey Kim, love the jewellery pieces! does the leather tie in the back?
    really love that photo of you with your girls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of birthdays there! Your daughters necklaces are smashing. I know what you mean about getting on a roll with a project even if you've veered from another one. Your display cards are so simple yet very strong in the way they highlight your work. Nice!
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthdays to both your girls!
    Lovely jewelry and lovely presentation!

    ReplyDelete