Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Where I Keep a Piece of My Heart

We have a small cabin (more of a shack really) and a few acres of land on the edge of Kluane Lake. We don't seem to spend enough time there, but when we do I enjoy every minute of it.
We were there a few days ago, and while we were there I wandered the windy beach... (and saw no one else)


And took many pictures of plants.


Although it is early August, fall is approaching quickly. The leaves are beginning to change colour


the berries are ripening


and many of the flowers


are beautifully going to seed.


I enjoyed my time taking pictures....


and then I set myself up at the old picnic table down by the beach with a thermos of tea, my sketch book and paints and my new art book - and the hours flew by.

9 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing them, it looks so tranquil and serene there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like heaven to me, and I couldn't think of a better way to spend those precious moments. Your new art book is one of my very favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how delightful! nature seems to just feed the creative soul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such raw beauty that retains its wilderness feeling even though the highway passes by it. It did beckon me as we skirted the lake on our way home to Alaska this spring.
    I'm glad you got a little break away.
    Gorgeous photos, Kim. I'm sure they've imprinted on your creative brain for more splendid drawings later on.
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely. Now I see where you get your inspiration! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kim, what a perfect time for you at a very beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely place! Beautiful dried flowers.

    ReplyDelete