Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yes More Botanicals!

I don't know what it is - perhaps it is because we are in the prime of flower season here in the Yukon - or perhaps it is just because I love plants - that my paintings on plaster seem to be of botanicals. But I guess when something just feels right that is what has to happen.
Here is the board with many layers of paint as the background.
At my messy painting desk.

I sketched on what I was thinking about painting


and did a bit of practice flowers on paper. And then I forgot to take anymore pictures until it was finished....

or maybe finished.... not sure yet, as these images were loading I walked over to my desk where this was sitting, and dapped on a bit more paint.
Time will tell.

6 comments:

  1. the whole thing is lovely and the compostion, wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful detail in the first photo. The colors seem to glow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh at ‘And then I forgot to take anymore pictures until it was finished....’ I’m the same way! LOL Lovely flowers! I like the circles, nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is really wonderful (I'm doing Sketchbook Challenge too). I love your color choices and your composition!

    I am very intrigued with your process. I am a clay artist, so I'm thinking of trying to paint on (bisqued) clay tiles instead of plaster. I've got some tiles made up that I need to fire before I can start. I'll post on my blog photos -- if it works lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You forgot to take photographs because you were caught up in the "moment of creation." A very special place to be. Lovely work, so glad I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, kim, this is *gorgeous*!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete