Friday, May 21, 2010

Another Book

I had a day off today, and amidst some chores I made some time to make another book. This one is the same style as the ones in the previous post, but bigger in size, and instead of just decorated with the paper, I added a picture of trees I took this spring. It closes with a flap around the edge of the pages that tucks under the button sewn to the front.
The book is soft covered made with layer of material, paper, medium, paint, ink, and a coat of paste wax on the top.
Here is a close up of the fuzzy trees with ink smeared on them - and the button used for closing.
The inside pages are blank, but grunged up a bit with ink around the edges. Around all 3 signatures is a page of text with paint and ink on.

I enjoyed making this book, as well as how it turned out.... Not sure what will come next. I have also been busy drawing some faces. But rather than spending hours on each face, I have been trying to make them loose and quick. I don't quite have the hang of the quick scribble drawing, but I will continue to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment